Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Human love

This was a text message sent to me last week.


"I guess love does fade. That sometimes the heart gets tired of longing, of hoping. That sometimes, you just have to accept the fact that some things can never be, and that you should be contented with things as they are. Leaving is a choice. Staying is a choice. But you can never really ask someone to stay or to leave. It's a choice they have to make for themselves. Sometimes, no matter how much you beg for someone to stay or how hard you try to make someone leave, you really have no control over what they will choose."


  • My recent breakup was something that somewhat unexpectedly made me really break down. I came to the point that I asked these questions: "What if I begged? What if I gave him the right reasons and explained really well? Would he change his mind and take me back?" I know. Retarded, right? Desperate even. Well, yes, I admit I was. But, thankfully, I didn't say these to him.  ~ ..you can never really ask someone to stay.. 

  • Another input for this message is about unconditional love vs. human love. Loving without conditions, loving without waiting for anything in return - it is someone everyone would like to have. But, human as we are, we will always wish or probably even need for something to reciprocate the affection. It is said that only God is capable of unconditional love. That no matter how many times we sin or how grave our sins are, He will still accept us. We will always be pure and beautiful in His eyes. But even so, I'd like to believe that some people are capable of unconditional love. Only, most people would think it crazy. It is what they would call "being a martyr". And in the times today, the mentality is that no man or woman is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment